[Radiance-general] replmarks and mirroring

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Fri May 14 15:49:10 CEST 2004

Hi Carsten, hi list!

> if you look into the mirror, you don't see yourself upside down, so I
> guess that formZ behaves correctly in leaving the normal unchanged
> during mirroring :-)

In fact, it was what I had guessed. However, I wanted to be sure. Also,
I wonder if there is any reason why the surface normal information is
not used from the triangle.

I think, if I replace the call to fcross() in replmarks.c by a routine
that aligns the z-achsis to the surface normal, mirroring
transformations should be supported by replmarks, right? Is there a
function to get the direction of the surface normal defined that I
could use (I am sure it is, I just don't know where ;-) ?

Such a feature in replmarks would be very useful for me, as I could use
just the triangle markers I have and I would not have to search for
mirrored objects in the whole model, which would certainly introduce
errors as I am rather sure that I would miss some objects.

CU Lars.
--
Lars O. Grobe
grobe at gmx.net