[Radiance-general] ltview, a light source viewer

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Tue May 11 00:01:08 CEST 2004

Radiance User: "Boy, that objview script sure is handy for looking at
scene geometry; if only there was something like that for looking at the
distribution of my light source files."

Announcer: "Well, THE WAIT IS OVER!!  That's right, now there's a script
that has the ease of use of objview, but is scientifically engineered
for use with Radiance light source input files!  Plus, if you call now,
we'll include K-Tel's "70's platinum hits" -- on eight-track --
absolutely free!  Don't delay, limited offer, operators are standing by,
yadda-yadda-yadda."

Ahem, sorry.  In all seriousness, I took Greg's objview script and
modified it to take a single scene input file and place it at 0,0,0,
then surround it on five sides (top, bottom, E, N, W) with opaque
surfaces.  It sets -ab 1 and -ds .15 and then loads rvu with a view
looking into the box.  The box is 48 units square by default; you can
change the size of the box with the -bs switch (and no, there isn't a
-bs- option for my posts, sorry).  All the other options in objview are
available in ltview.

ltview is useful for making sure the distribution is what you think it
is, and that nothing went awry during the ies2rad conversion (also good
for checking replmarks triangle orientations, Lars).  Anyone who wants a
copy just ask and I'll email it to ya.

----

      Rob Guglielmetti

e. rpg at rumblestrip.org