[Radiance-general] ambient light

Bei Xiao beixiao at mail.med.upenn.edu
Mon May 10 17:05:58 CEST 2004

Hi,
   I passed the value "-ab 1" to the rad file because I want to use 1 indirect light source.
The problem is when I am using single light source, the scene looks okey( shinny objects are
shinny). But in order to create softer shadows, I am using area lights now. But It seems now
the shinny objects look the same as the matt ones. I also lost all the shading of the scene.

Thanks.

Bei

> Hi, > > do you have an example picture that you can publish on the net? AFAIK > you can't
switch off the ambient from a rad file, the ambient settings > don't describe the scene. So
they are passed as command line parameters > to rpic or set in the rif-file (if you use rad or
trad). You might try > -ab 0... however, it sounds not clear why your surfaces are all looking
values you got somewhere else? > > CU Lars. > -- > Lars O. Grobe > grobe at gmx.net > > >