[Radiance-general] Re: rtrace for luminance values

Raphael Compagnon raphael.compagnon at eif.ch
Mon May 3 08:57:32 CEST 2004

John,

Are you sure you are sending the rays in the right direction ?
 From the two first lines of your script:

cnt 6 12 1 | rcalc -e '$1=51+((72/6)*$1+6);$2=96+((144/12)*$2+6);$3=30' \
it seems you are sending rays from a regular grid in a xy plane in the
upward direction ($6=1) !

I guess you should ensure your calculation grid is located above your desk
(e.g. by setting $3=30.5) and then trace rays downwards ($6=-1). Then
rtrace will calculate the luminance values at the rays intersections with
your desk plane which is what you expect I think...

Hope this will help you.
Raphaël Compagnon

  it seems you are tracing rays