[Radiance-general] Accurate definition of trans material

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Wed Mar 10 17:12:30 CET 2004

I just wanted to confirm that the term "transmissivity" is used
incorrectly on page 325 of "Rendering with Radiance."  It should be
diffuse transmittance (a.k.a. "transmission coefficient") rather than
transmissivity.  However, the equations for these values are correct.
The term transmissivity is used properly in relation to the "glass"
material type as given in the trans.cal code on page 238.

Google pointed me to these terms better defined on Schorsch's website:

	http://www.schorsch.com/kbase/glossary/transmittance.html

For further information, you can also refer to the document that I
believe Pillo is referring to:

	http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/refer/materials.pdf