[Radiance-general] Illuminance calculation on a virtual surface?

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Mon Jun 28 21:05:36 CEST 2004

Hi Greg, Hi John,

Greg Ward wrote:

> No good.  Trans gets ignored by the rpict -i option.  Just use pfilt to
> scale the illuminance map if it's not big enough.  (John M's suggestion
> -- he's sitting next to me in Leicester.)

Oh yeah?  =8-p

vwrays -x XRES -y YRES -vf viewfile -fd | rtrace -h -fd -opn octree \
| rtrace -fdc -I render_options -x XRES -y YRES octree > illum_picture.pic

Greg, does this look familiar?  A little ditty from a year or so ago?
You sent me this tip when I asked you how to get illuminance on a
building's curtain wall.  The first rtrace computes the intersection
point (which is fast) and the second rtrace does the illuminance
calculation.  Cool, yes?  Yes.

Now, given this little tip, could he use trans as I described?

----

      Rob Guglielmetti

e. rpg at rumblestrip.org
w. www.rumblestrip.org