[Radiance-general] IES file manipulation

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Mon Jun 28 10:30:36 CEST 2004

Hi Mark,

That should work -- set the three real illum arguments to zero, though,
so it won't try to contribute to the output.

-Greg

> From: "Mark de la Fuente" <MdelaFuente at wmtao.com>
> Date: June 24, 2004 2:23:37 PM GMT+01:00

Greg, in this case I'm looking at a 20' linear fluorescent
Indirect/Direct pendant.  The IES file is for a 4' section and I would
array it 5 times.  A sphere with 2' diameter would probably not work if
the suspension length were less than 2' since this is a partially
indirect pendant..  Also, not sure if having the pendant poking through
the illum sphere would work.

I thought of a different way of handling this.  Since the ies2rad
program creates the top and bottom rectangles in this case, why not
just use an illum material with a void modifier to create the edges of
the box?

Thanks for the response.  It would certainly be faster to use the -i
option.

Mark