[Radiance-general] IES file manipulation

Mark de la Fuente MdelaFuente at wmtao.com
Thu Jun 24 15:23:37 CEST 2004

Greg, in this case I'm looking at a 20' linear fluorescent
Indirect/Direct pendant.  The IES file is for a 4' section and I would
array it 5 times.  A sphere with 2' diameter would probably not work if
the suspension length were less than 2' since this is a partially
indirect pendant..  Also, not sure if having the pendant poking through
the illum sphere would work.

I thought of a different way of handling this.  Since the ies2rad
program creates the top and bottom rectangles in this case, why not just
use an illum material with a void modifier to create the edges of the
box?

Thanks for the response.  It would certainly be faster to use the -i
option.

Mark