[Radiance-general] IES file manipulation

Mark de la Fuente MdelaFuente at wmtao.com
Thu Jun 24 00:08:51 CEST 2004

Hi everyone,

I have a situation where I'm using ies2rad to bring files into
radiance.  Only I want to attach the photometric info to illum surfaces
surrounding my detailed fixture geometry rather than to the default
geometry...  (pretty typical I think) However in order to do so, I have
to add rectangles in order to "seal" my fixture.  I am concerned that
the addition of these rectangles will affect the magnitude of the
photometric information.

I guess one way to not even deal with boxing the luminaire with illums
is to attach a negative value to the lamp's glow material.  Then rays
won't "sneak out".  Of course the lamps won't add internal illumination
in that case.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I will try and run some tests when
I get a chance.

Thanks.

Mark