[Radiance-general] rtrace-command

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Thu Jun 10 16:55:23 CEST 2004

Hi Olga,

It sounds like one of your files (probably the octree) got truncated.
This usually happens when you abort a make.  Try running "make clean"
first, then "make sholo".  If you still have troubles, type "which
getinfo" to make sure you don't have some other executable taking
Radiance's place.

-Greg

> From: graf-o at freenet.de
> Date: June 10, 2004 2:43:53 AM PDT

Thanks for the hint, Greg! It works much better with rholo!

  Unfortunately, when I was trying to run one of the examples provided
in ray/obj/cabin by typing make sholo I got the following error:

  [domna]s0343631: make sholo
  rholo -n 1 -o ogl summer.hdk
  rad: error reading bounding cube from getinfo
  rholo: system - cannot start rtrace process: No such file or directory
  summer.hdk: 6.0 Mbyte holodeck file, 0.0% fragmentation
  make: *** [sholo] Error 2

  Actually, if I run only rholo in the same directory, it works, which
means that the PATH-variable is ok. But with 'make sholo' apparently
something goes wrong. Is it possible that this command is not working
because I use the tmp-directory, i.e. I copied the cabin-directory into
tmp? Unfortunately, I am run out of space on my home directory, so I
have no other choice at the moment.

  If somebody has an idea what could be wrong, I would be glatt to hear
from him or her! Thanks!

  Olga Graf