[Radiance-general] Fwd: errors from hdrgen

Giulio Antonutto Giulio.Antonutto at arup.com
Thu Jun 10 16:42:25 CEST 2004

just a quick extra question about HDR and light sources:

supposing that with a camera we have got some images,

1 we calculate the HDR image
2 we measure on the mac screen the luminance with ximage
3 we measure the luminance in the real scene.
4 we compare the numbers and find a factor ( k=lum(hdr):lum(real) ).

is this factor independent from the spectrum of the light source once that
the camera is 'calibrated' or it is related to it?
like in the case of: sun, low pressure sodium, MH, mercury lamps, theatre
blue filtered light....
is the correction factor (k) constant for these different conditions?
if not is there a best calibration environment (D65 or something else)?

many thanks,
giulio