[Radiance-general] soft shadow

Giulio Antonutto Giulio.Antonutto at arup.com
Thu Jun 10 10:23:37 CEST 2004

Hi,
some quick suggestions:

try with -ds reduced to .1 or .05
and
with -dj increased to .6 or .8

these two options rule the light subdivision for large sources (-ds) and the
jittering (-dj).

You have also to oversample your image by a factor in order to obtain nice
and soft penumbra effect.  (rpict double or more + pfilt = final image )

There is a really good web page by Mark Stock, who explains some tricks
about penumbras:
http://mark.technolope.org/radmisc/aa0_ps1_test/final.html

I hope it helps,
giulio