[Radiance-general] Radiance Mac GUI?

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Thu Jul 8 16:06:28 CEST 2004

John Mardaljevic wrote:
> Rob,
>

>>BTW, did you know that you can
>>change parameters in rv(ie)u with the 'set' command, and then type 'new'
>>to re-render the image?
>

> As far as I'm aware, you could only do that once when filling
> the ambient cache - say, changing the ab setting from 0 to 1.
> Thereafter, rview will continue to re-use the ambient cache as originally
> populated first time round.  The calculation may add to it, but it won't
> flush it out and start again.  Any further changes to ambient parameters
> usually lead to inconsistent and, most likely, misleading results.

Ack.  I did *not* know that, John.  Honestly, I only change parameters
that affect a visual change and it's purely for aesthetic reasons.
Increasing the ambient bounces to see the interior of a daylit space, or
increasing the direct sampling to see the pattern of a linear
fluorescent that's close to the ceiling, for example.  But if what you
say is still the case, surely my tip is useless for analytical work.

Thanks for the heads up, the Robs thank you.

----

      Rob Guglielmetti

e. rpg at rumblestrip.org
w. www.rumblestrip.org