[Radiance-general] colorpict and materials

Carsten Bauer cbauer- at t-online.de
Fri Jul 2 12:17:52 CEST 2004

Lars O. Grobe wrote:

> In fact, I hoped that this could be somehow done with the radiance tools
> in a script, I just don't know how. It's similar to what normpat is
> doing, only it doesn't normalize to 1/1/1, but to R/G/B values I know as
> the average material color (->brightness). I think I will have to take a
> look at normpat to find out how it does that in detail - would be a nice
> tool if it could bring pictures to (known) color values.

somehow, it sounds feasable, but this is certainly one of those ideas
which prove themselves more difficult in implementing them as one thinks
at the beginning. You probably won't get away without some manual
interaction, e.g. deciding which color-ranges to convert.

BTW, if it is not so important to use exactly that picture, but just to
have a marble stone pattern, you might try out the procedural stone
color patterns I've provided in my 2002 workshop contribution (available
on the radiance-online site). Here you can set the rgb values of the
color-map explicitely to the ones you need.

-cb