[Radiance-general] Animation Exposure

Thomas Bleicher [email protected]
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:29:42 +0100

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 05:04:00PM -0600, Mark de la Fuente wrote:
> However, I will have to go frame by frame and try and figure out what
> exposure settings might work in order to develop this file.  And if I
> make 150 or so  images per animation like I am planning, this will be a
> very tedious task to accomplish with rview.

It's "rvu" now ... ;)

> I guess I can interpolate
> and guesstimate, but perhaps there is a better way of doing this?
> Anyone run into this issue before?

If you just want to see everything on your pictures pass them
through pcond(1) using the -h (human visual response) switch.
You can't compare two of them afterwards, of course.

If you want to create compareable pictures you could pcomb(1) a
selection of your images (i. e. 16 scatterd throughout your
animation) and find an average value for the exposure on this
big image. Use this value for all the smaller images.

I could send you an image of one of this combined renderings.
I have no website to make it available to the group, though.

Thomas