[Radiance-general] rad3R5 from latest stable cvs doesn't compile

Mark Stock [email protected]
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:08:57 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, tom wrote:
> etienne canard wrote:
> > I do have both files.  The programs I am left without are
> > ximage,xshowtrace and xyzimage. This is the error I am recieving:
> >
> > cd libtiff ; make install
> > make[1]: Entering directory
> > `/Working/Software/Radiance3.HEAD/ray/src/px/tiff/libtiff'
> > Makefile:31: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>
> In the followup post to mine in the archives, there is a workaround to
> this same problem. The last time I built the 'official' release (to use
> Roland's pmap addition), I just copied my system libtiff and headers
> into the Radiance source tree and built/linked against these. Everything
> built and seemed to function correctly. The included libtiff configure
> process doesn't seem to like newer versions of GNU sed - or vise versa ;)

This sounds very familiar. My solution was to edit the RMakefile
in src/px to link to the existing system libraries. This was as
simple as:

186c186
< ra_tiff:      ra_tiff.o ../lib/libtiff.a
---
> ra_tiff:      ra_tiff.o /usr/lib/libtiff.a
189c189
< ../common/tiff.h ../common/tiffio.h:  ../lib/libtiff.a
---
> ../common/tiff.h ../common/tiffio.h:  /usr/lib/libtiff.a
193c193
< normtiff:     normtiff.o ../lib/libtiff.a
---
> normtiff:     normtiff.o /usr/lib/libtiff.a

Mark