[Radiance-general] rad3R5 from latest stable cvs doesn't compile

Georg Mischler [email protected]
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:16:40 -0500 (EST)

etienne canard wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm having problems compiling radiance from sources from
> radiance-online cvs. I downloaded the stable tarball and a...

Actually, the CVS HEAD dump is usually more stable than the
so called "official release"...

> compile most of the executables, but it errors in the src/...
>
> Too many errors encountered; the rest of the message is ignored:
> time.

Most likely you left out step 2. of the installation instructions
as given on the download page:

  2. download the ball of auxiliary files

The contents of this archive are necessary for both releases
to build correctly.

-schorsch

--
Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/