[Radiance-general] "rview" has been renamed to "rvu"

Greg Ward [email protected]
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 11:48:39 -0800

As we start the new year, it's time to give a new name to an old
friend.  Rview is now known as "rvu" in the HEAD release.    I included
a symbolic link from rvu to rview in the src/rt/Rmakefile install
script, so you won't have to start typing the new name right away
unless you feel like it.  However, the other commands whose names
changed do not have links back to their originals, so be careful to
clean out your executable directory before the build unless you want to
have the old commands hanging around forever.  The new names are the
ones we discussed earlier:

	calc -> icalc
	gencat -> gencatenary
	lam -> rlam
	neat -> neaten

I have also updated the man pages accordingly, and rad now executes rvu
when you give it the -o option.  I'm hoping I didn't forget anything --
a lot of files were affected by the change.  I'm hoping I don't have to
do this again for a looong time!

-Greg