[Radiance-general] (no subject)

Birger Van den Brande [email protected]
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:33:16 +0000

Hi there,

just new on the list, and I'm immediatelly going to ask a question :

I'm currently working on a project concerning visual-lighting problems in
office-buildings, more specifically problems concerning blinding and glare,
so in short, visual comfort.

Now, for the glazing I'm using Optics5 to calculate the transmittance of the
used glazing-system.  When I get the grafs and data (spectral), I export
this data to Radiance, via the "export to radiance" option in Optics5
itself.  I then get the  R, G & B values in radiance.  Now, my question,
Optics5 provides transmittances and reflectances, so after exporting the
data to radiance do these values remain transmittances?  The R, G & B
values, are they transmittances? So for, I haven't found any reason to
believe that the "export" function converts them to transmissivities, but I
want te be sure that the convertor doesn't comprise the trans.cal convertion
too.

I 've got another question that is linked to the previous one.  When you get
the converted data from Optics5 in Radiance, can I directly use them as
glazing-data-input in the material file for the glazing or not?  At the
moment, I'm still thinking that the R G B 's are transmittances, so if I use
them directly without converting them to transmissivities, am I going to get
  realistic result?  After all, Radiance uses transmissivity for the
calculation, so I'm risking to get a double-correction on my results.

If anyone can clear this out for me, I'd be very grateful.

Birger

Geschenkidee�n en e-cards voor Valentijn ! http://www.msn.be/valentijn