[Radiance-general] virtual lighting laboratory

Mehlika Inanici [email protected]
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:50:29 -0800

--------------000705070404080202000603

Hello. I would like to provide the link of my dissertation to the
Radiance group. The dissertation is titled "Transformations in
Architectural Lighting Analysis: Virtual Lighting Laboratory". I had
presented very early stages of the research during the 1. Radiance
workshop and some of you have asked about its progress during the 2.
Radiance workshop. The link is:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~inanici/vll/vll.html
<http://www-personal.umich.edu/%7Einanici/vll/vll.html>

This dissertation presents a framework for a computer generated luminous
environment that supports the knowledge acquisition between the theory
and the practice of architectural lighting. Per-pixel lighting
information is extracted from the high dynamic range images (Radiance
images) through virtual meters and photometry systems. Formation and
utilization of these virtual meters (luminance meter, illuminance meter,
contrast meter, integrating sphere, colorimeter, and scotopic meter) are
demonstrated. The total, regional, and per-pixel lighting data are
processed to study the quantity, distribution, directionality, and
spectral content of lighting.

I would like to thank everybody in the Radiance online group, not only
for answering my questions, but for contributing to the rich information
in the archives. I did not even have to ask many of the questions
because the answers were readily available. Special thanks to Greg: I
have referred to many of his articles and of course, I have generated
all of the images with Radiance.

Please let me know if you have questions or comments.
Thank you,
Mehlika Inanici

--------------000705070404080202000603

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<big><br>
Hello. I would like to provide the link of my dissertation to the
Radiance group. The dissertation is titled "Transformations in
Architectural Lighting Analysis: Virtual Lighting Laboratory".<big> </big>I
 href="http://www-personal.umich.edu/%7Einanici/vll/vll.html">http://www-personal.umich.edu/~inanici/vll/vll.html</a><br>
This dissertation presents a framework for a computer generated
luminous environment that supports the knowledge acquisition between
the theory and the practice of architectural lighting. Per-pixel
lighting information is extracted from the high dynamic range images
(Radiance images) through virtual meters and photometry systems.
Formation and utilization of these virtual meters (luminance meter,
illuminance meter, contrast meter, integrating sphere, colorimeter, and
scotopic meter) are demonstrated. The total, regional, and per-pixel
lighting data are processed to study the quantity, distribution,
directionality, and spectral content of lighting.<br>
I would like to thank everybody in the Radiance online group, not only
for answering my questions, but for contributing to the rich
information in the archives. I did not even have to ask many of the
questions because the answers were readily available. Special thanks to
Greg: I have referred to many of his articles and of course, I have
generated all of the images with Radiance.<br>
Please let me know if you have questions or comments.<br>
Thank you,<br>
Mehlika Inanici <br>
</big>

--------------000705070404080202000603--