[Radiance-general] The Farley Ceilings - parameters for TRANS

Rob Guglielmetti [email protected]
Thu, 05 Feb 2004 12:00:47 -0500

Jochen Kauschmann wrote:

> Is there someone out there with experience in modelling a 'Farley
> Ceiling' in a museum environment ?
>
> If yes, what parameters did you use??

Hi Jochen,

This is a new one on me, I have to admit.  Thanks for sharing this.  I
managed to find a website for this product
(http://www.thefarleyceiling.com/default.asp), but it is a bit thin on
info.  From what I can tell, this is just a fabric panel.  Is this
correct, or is part of the system the skylight well above the panel?
Either way, judging from the photos on the website, is seems like a
simple job for plastic & trans (and illum sources!), to model this in
Radiance.

Can you share more info about this ceiling system?

----

      Rob Guglielmetti

e. [email protected]
w. www.rumblestrip.org