[Radiance-general] LightWave-Radiance OBJ question

Kirk Thibault kthibault at biomechanicsinc.com
Thu Dec 9 22:14:10 CET 2004

Users of LightWave and those in the know,

I have noticed that exporting an object from LightWave (.lwo) to
WaveFront OBJ format yields a .obj file that does not specify the
surface normals ("vn").  I can actually bring the .obj file into Poser
and then re-export it as an .obj and, voila, the surface normals are
included.  Anyone know what tweaks can be done or options can be
exercised within  LightWave to export objects in .obj format with
surface normals ("vn") listed in the file?  This is helpful when trying
to use the obj2rad command and the -s option with obj2mesh for
smoothing purposes.

Thanks!

kirk