[Radiance-general] pcond -h and rpict

Kirk Thibault kthibault at biomechanicsinc.com
Thu Dec 2 23:06:07 CET 2004

Hey folks - question about the "human" exposure response in rpict
(ximage) versus pcond.  When I render an image (call it "output.hdr")
and display it in ximage, I hit the "h" key and the image gets
redisplayed with the "human" exposure mapping.  Then i take output.hdr
and i put it through

  pcond -h output.hdr  >  output_cond.hdr

(now call the new conditioned file "output_cond.hdr") When i display
"output_cond.hdr" in ximage, i get a different resulting image than
when I viewed output.hdr in ximage and hit "h".  The ximage "h" version
of output.hdr is darker and has more contrast than the output_cond.hdr
image.  What's up with that?

thanks,

kirk