[Radiance-general] Intel P4 versus AMD 64 bit processor

David Janello djanello at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 16:57:11 CET 2004

The opteron results were with gcc, my experience with
(non-radiance) benchmarks on opteron 246 and 250s
shows significant improvements using the intel
compiler in 32-bit mode and the PathScale compiler in
64-bit mode.

Don't know how much of an improvement intel/pathscale
will provide on radiance, but previous experience with
similar application profiles shows a performance boost
of 15-45% depending on the specific application.

--David Janello
www.spreadhunter.com
www.argon-tech.com