[Radiance-general] Question about -av parameter

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Sat Aug 7 16:25:49 CEST 2004

Hi Marija,

If the ambient value looks too high, then it probably is too high.  If
you need an ambient value for the interior, the procedure in the book
should be followed on an interior view.

You should also investigate the "compamb" script:

	http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/man_html/compamb.1.html

This script relies on an operational rad input file, which it uses to
generate the ambient values for several views, setting -av 0 0 0.  It
then averages the ambient values computed by rpict into a suitable -av
setting, which it appends to your rad input file.  This is the
"scientific" way to set -av properly.

-Greg