[Radiance-general] Announcement: radzilla0.5 !

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Mon Apr 12 21:28:46 CEST 2004

Carsten Bauer wrote:

> Long time, no hear ...

Good to hear from ya again, Carsten!

> I've messed again with the Radiance-code and produced  a first (still
> unfinished) test  version of RADZILLA.

I read through the release notes, and I have an announcement:
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.  And AFAIK, Roland
(whom you also refer to as late & great) is great, but definitely not
late.  =8-)

I played with RADZILLA briefly during lunch here.  Some notes:
1. Your source code compiled just fine on Fedora Core 1.
2. How do I specify a .rif file with radz?
3. Getinfo likes radzilla octrees, but the
model-viewing-utility-formerly-named-rview does not.  I guess that's
because getinfo is simply a header reader, whereas rview is dealing with
the octree more intimately.  Any plans to make an rzrvu?  Will you paint
my house when you're done re-writing Radiance?

Keep up the good work!  Interesting stuff, Carsten.  This is such a fun
group.

----

      Rob Guglielmetti

e. rpg at rumblestrip.org