[Radiance-general] Re: OCONV Error

Greg Ward [email protected]
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:21:01 -0700

Hi Marcus,

As it turns out, the bug you discovered is related to the number of
modifiers in your files rather than the number of polygons.  You have
over 114,000 uniquely named colorpict primitives in your input files.
If you had named them all the same, this error would not have occured.
There was a place in my hash table function where I was overflowing a
signed integer on the secondary hashing scheme.  This was quite easy to
fix, and now oconv runs and produces a 63 Mbyte octree on your files
with no trouble.  I have included the fix on the HEAD distribution if
you wish to download it (src/common/modobject.c).

Thanks for discovering this bug!
-Greg