[Radiance-general] Re: -ar, -ad, -as, ahh $#*@!

Rob Guglielmetti [email protected]
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:35:01 -0400

On 13 Sep 2003, at 19:15, Georg Mischler wrote:

> But I wouldn't be surprised if we were able to finally
> chase it down with a little experimentation. Maybe Rob can
> strip down his scene until only the offending polygons
> (and maybe a surrounding box) are left. By relaxing the
> simulation parameters one by one we should then be able
> to narrow it down to the real culprits.

Ha, I am sitting here in front of my pea sea, playing with this model
right now.  What a welcome diversion.  I was in the midst of doing
just that, as I am re-creating my radiance scene description after a
very abrupt lesson in the whims of gzip (don't ask).

I am building a separate model of one coffer, for the mkillum
process.  It would be trivial to place it in a small box room for
further study.  I would be happy to give you the files when they are
ready, which is likely to be sometime tomorrow because a show
about the Reno Air Races is airing on TV soon.  =8-)

As for the bug's relation to my current woes, well, I don't know.
The renderings that exhibited this problem are old.  The latest
renderings (the ones at the end of my web page on all this) do not
have any of these artifacts.  The problems I'm currently having with
the rendering of the coffers is more of an uneven illumination inside
the coffers; there are no strange artifacts. But if my model can help
you guys analyze this elusive bug, I'd be happy to send it to you.
Let me know.

Rob Guglielmetti
[email protected]
www.rumblestrip.org