[Radiance-general] Re: sky definition part 2

Santiago Torres [email protected]
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:55:06 +0900

Hi again,

> I've been buzzing with thoughts of Image Based Rendering and HDR
I`m happy to hear you found it interesting. I promise to keep the list
posted about new results.

> I plan on looking into the Perez sky model in more detail.  So you found
> it gave better correlation than the CIE model in your studies?  Is

In fact I was referring to the Perez model for luminous efficacy. I should
have been more clear perhaps.
I haven`t tried the sky model (nor gendaylit), but I plan to compare results
between models in the future. If anyone knows of such studies, I would
really appreciate letting me know.
The efficacy model is a bit awkward, but all the input can be derived from
quite simple weather data (when they don`t include illuminances)

Regards,

Santiago.