[Radiance-general] Re: sky definition part 2

Zack Rogers [email protected]
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:05:37 -0600

Hi Santiago,

I've been buzzing with thoughts of Image Based Rendering and HDR
displays ever since the conference, I've been showing Greg's Siggraph
animation and your studies to all my colleagues.  I am very interested
in getting into both of these in my daylighting design work.

Yeah, the IES recommends 94.2 lm/watt for direct beam --  IES is my
master, but google does reign supreme;-) -- but I don't know how they
think they can be so accurate when everyone else reports these
relatively large ranges.

I plan on looking into the Perez sky model in more detail.  So you found
it gave better correlation than the CIE model in your studies?  Is
gendaylit available in any windows form yet?  If not I have I do have
access to linux machines.

Georg, are there any plans to implement the Perez sky model (gendaylit)
in Rayfront?

Thanks for the info!
Zack

PS I will send the elevation study separately as i think it will just
turn binary here.
PPS but i need your e-mail address.  I can't seem to get it from the
site.  Mine is [email protected]

--
Zack Rogers
Staff Engineer