[Radiance-general] RE: 'Alias' material modifier questions...

Jeffrey McGrew [email protected]
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:59:53 -0700

First off, that you so very much in your clear
explanation of this. It was a great help!

Now I've got one other question, and then I
promise to leave everyone alone for a while
with my basic ignorance. :)

When using RAD to generate Radiance .pic
files, I have experimented with the various
options and understand them on a basic level;
all but the difference between the
'Medium' and the 'High' quality settings.
I know that these change what options
are passed onto rpict, which I'm in the
process of learning more about, however
I'm unable to find documentation that
explicitly lists what options are changed
when one goes from the 'Medium' setting to
the 'high' setting. Seeing that I tend to
get awful artifacts and spotting whenever
I use the 'high' setting, things I feel I
could get rid of if I understood what's getting
passed onto rpict better, I would love if someone
could point me to a resource that outlines
this, or sell me a copy of the Radiance
book :) (that I can't seem to find to
save my life).

Thanks again!