[Radiance-general] Radiance *.pic fie format compatibility

Giulio Antonutto [email protected]
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 16:29:44 +0100

hi, I worked for a while with radiance on linux and mac....
(version 3.4 and 3.5) and I had no problems.
now I am using also radiance on dos (desktop radiance 1.02) and I haven't
experienced any compatibility issue. (I open and work with all pic files on
all systems)

cheers,
giulio

PS what about radiance 3.5 for PC, did you compiled on your own or it is the
cygwin version?

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus Jacobs [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 09 October 2003 16:17
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Radiance-general] Radiance *.pic fie format compatibility

Dear Group

I use Radiance 3.5 in the Windows environment. Although I haven't tried to
duplicate my problem in Linux, I have had issues with the *.pic files
generated and read by Radiance 3.5. It seems that the files that are
generated by Radiance 3.5 binaries compiled for Windows can be read by
ximage but can not be read by winimage (issued with Desktop Radiance) or HDR

Shop. The same can be said of picture files read by Radiance 3.5. Picture
files created via ra_tiff with Desktop Radiance or Radiance 3.4 (Linux)
binaries can not be read by Radiance 3.5 and visa/versa. Has anyone had this

issue in the Linux/Unix or MacOs environment.

Thanks

Marcus