[Radiance-general] Resolution Mismatch in Rpict.

Peter Apian-Bennewitz [email protected]
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:37:17 +0100

Greg Ward wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> From your error message, it looks like rpict is dying before it ever
> gets going.  The partial error message "rpict: signal - " is
> particularly telling.  Rpict apparently dies before it even finishes
> its error message!  The "rpiece: resolution mismatch from rpict" is
> produced by rpiece after rpict dies - it's not part of the same message.
>
> My guess is that rpict is using more memory than it's allowed on your
> node(s).  In csh/tcsh, the command:
>
>     % limit
>
> Tells you your current resource limit settings for individual processes.

ulimit -a
for bash users

you may want to run 'top' (hit m to get into memory mode) to see what
happens with rpict.
xosview is another nice way to check what your systems are doing. You
should see swap space or memory diminishing before rpict dies, if that
is the scenario.

-Peter

--
 pab-opto, Freiburg, Germany, www.pab-opto.de