[Radiance-general] Re: os 10.3 panther raypath set

Mark Steven Baker [email protected]
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:36:08 -0800 (PST)

This problem has existed for far too long. The simple and intelligent
fix is to rename the Radiance rview program in the source and makefiles
to radview or some such and be done with it.

Complaining about vi, vim, and standard Unix applications is not a solution,
it is just a band-aid approach. If there are other Radiance tools with
name clashes, then these tools should also be renamed. Radiance is a very
specialized tool used by a very, very. very small number of computer users.
Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, Cygwin, and other Unix or unix-like systems
are used by thousands of more users. If you want to make radiance more
accessible and useable by others, then one of solutions is to fix these
minor problems.

Regards,
-Steve

Steven Baker