[Radiance-general] Installation Problems

Rob Guglielmetti [email protected]
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:44:25 -0500

Alexandre Kisslinger Rodrigues wrote:

> Mark,
> I appreciate your help.
> I'm installing version 3.5 available at the Radiance Download site.
> In attachment is what I could save from the log file.
> I noticed that my first apparent error is:
> x11image.c:22:23: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory

That's kinda what I figured you'd see.  It looks like you don't have the
development tools installed, so the X11 libraries are missing.  is this
your personal PC, or something in a school's lab?  You said you're using
RHL8, yeah?  I use that here, and I installed all the development stuff,
and the Radiance HEAD release compiled just fine.  So, all you need to
do is add in the dev stuff, or get the school's admin to do it in the
case of a school computer, and try again.

Good luck!  If you have any more trouble, report back here.

----

      Rob Guglielmetti

e. [email protected]
w. www.rumblestrip.org