[Radiance-general] Installation Problems

Alexandre Kisslinger Rodrigues [email protected]
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:01:14 -0600

Hi,
I'm trying to install Radiance on Red Hat Linux. However, I can't get the
installation process successfully completed. I start with
./makeall install
as described on the README file.
After answering the following questions:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RADIANCE 3.5 INSTALLATION

This script rebuilds all of the Radiance programs and installs
them on your system.  You should read the file README before running
this script.  You can type ^C (followed by return) at any time to abort.

You must first answer the following questions.

What is your preferred editor [vi]?
Where do you want the executables [/usr/local/bin]?
Current rmake command is:
#!/bin/sh
exec make "SPECIAL=" \
         "OPT=-O2 -DSPEED=200" \
         "MACH=-Dlinux -L/usr/X11R6/lib -I/usr/include/X11 -DNOSTEREO
-DBIGMEM" \
         ARCH=IBMPC "COMPAT=bmalloc.o erf.o getpagesize.o" \
         INSTDIR=/usr/local/bin \
         LIBDIR=/usr/local/lib/ray \
         CC=gcc "$@" -f Rmakefile
Do you want to change it?n
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... the installation continues, but it stops at the following:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gcc -O2 -DSPEED=200 -Dlinux -L/usr/X11R6/lib -I/usr/include/X11 -DNOSTEREO
-DBIGMEM -DBIGGERLIB -I../common -L../lib -o histo histo.o -lm
make: Target `install' not remade because of errors.
set nonomatch; rm -f *.o calc ev rcalc total cnt neat lam tabfunc histo
~/linday/ray/src
There were some errors.
Removing library archives...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you give some quick inputs on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Alex
PS: Sorry for my Linux illiteracy!

Alexandre Kisslinger Rodrigues
Iowa State University
Graduate Student - Mechanical Engineering
Industrial Assessment Center
2043 Black Engineering Building
Ames, IA  50011
(515) 294-3080