[Radiance-general] Re: Glare and evaluation of lightshelves

Greg Ward [email protected]
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:19:45 -0800

Hi Carlos,

Glare calculations are quite tricky, because they are sensitive to the
exact view you choose to calculate them, and there are a number of
choices for glare indices as well, none of them terribly well-suited to
daylight.  (Not in glarendx, at least.)

It is impossible to determine anything from your description of your
situation.  Are you giving fisheye views to findglare?  What do these
images look like?  Are you giving findglare an octree so that it may
call rtrace?

And for the group, has anyone determined that findglare works correctly
in Desktop Radiance?

-Greg