[Radiance-general] Re: Compiling Radiance on CYGWIN

Marcus Jacobs [email protected]
Wed, 05 Nov 2003 21:03:48 +0000

Thanks for the help. I did install the GNU make utility to CYGWIN. I have
run the makeall script and was able to get some of the binaries to compile
(51 to be exact), but unfortunately, the remainder I am unsure as to what
went wrong. I did look for some error messages during the compile and this
is what I got:

Version.c:1: invalid suffix on floating constant
Version.c:1: parse error before numeric constant
make: *** [Version.o] Error 1
.
.
.

And later on I get the error message:

make: Target `install' not remade because of errors.

Can anyone here provide to me some insight as to what's going on?

Thanks

Marcus

>Hi Marcus,
>
>'make' is the tool which builds a new executable from all the source
>files in the ray/src dir, i.e. it organizes the compiling and linking of
>the whole stuff.
>
>The error messages at this stage simply mean that this tool isn't
>installed yet on your system, so you have to install it first.
>
>-cb

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account is over
limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es