[Radiance-general] Re: Holodeck file byte order?

Greg Ward [email protected]
Wed, 21 May 2003 17:16:38 -0700

Hi Randolph,

The only files I know of that are byte-order dependent in Radiance are
the depth files produced by the -z option of rpict, which are raw dumps
of the 32-bit floating point numbers with no header.  Holodecks should
be completely portable between systems -- even more so than octrees,
which have some system-dependent integer sizes which prevent them from
being ported between some 32-bit and 64-bit processor architectures.

Are you having some problems sharing holodecks across machines?

-Greg