[Radiance-general] Re: rholo?

Randolph Fritz [email protected]
Wed, 14 May 2003 20:57:25 -0700

On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 03:02  PM, Rob Guglielmetti wrote:

>> If I do this at all, I will do as much pre-rendering as I can on the
>> fastest system I can fine (which isn't my Mac.)  Is there a sample
>> .hdk file I can download for testing display?
>
> Have a look in ray/obj/cabin, there are a couple of samples using the
> cabin model.  There are makefiles for a day and night scene, running
> 'make nholo' at the command line will start an interactive process of
> the nighttime scene for example.

I tried it; performance is quite respectable on the fast Pentium 4 in
the Baker Lighting Lab.  Navigation, however, is difficult enough that
I think I won't be using it for this project; I don't want to try to
teach people how to use it under fire.  (I don't think I want to learn
how for this project, either!)  Maybe next time...

By the way, what is the difference between the glx and ogl drivers?

Randolph