[Radiance-general] aiming illums, orthographic projection, and hiding surfaces

John An [email protected]
Thu, 01 May 2003 10:40:08 -0700

Thanks Rob and Randolph for your help.

First off, de-triangulating the illums did the trick; no more aiming problems.  I'm curious to know how inaccurate the calculations are when there are aiming errors.

Secondly, while I had searched the Harvard libraries for Rendering with Radiance, I hadn't searched the MIT libraries.  Low and behold, MIT has a copy, which I quickly snatched up.  And unfortunately, it seems as if Rendering with Radiance is no longer in print.  I found a used copy of it on sale at Amazon for about $150 (I haven't ordered it).  I really do want a copy of my own for future reference, so if anyone finds out more about the availability of Rendering with Radiance, please keep me (and us, I assume) informed.

Now, to my next question.  I've flipped through Rendering with Randiance the last 30 minutes, and haven't found what I needed.  I will be reading through it more carefully, but I haven't seen anything regarding setting up a reference grid.  In Desktop Radiance, there is an option to create a reference grid.

So, how does one go about setting up a reference grid or reference point in the "regular" Radiance?

Thanks again.

John An