[Radiance-general] radiance install OS 10.1.5

[email protected] [email protected]
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:07:30 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

> That did'nt work, so I typed
> [sudo ./makeall install -- (I know sudo is superuser do - but not sure why
> the ./ for makeall)

As the for root, the current directory is usually not included into the PATH
for obvious security reasons (if you have ./ in your root path, and a clever
guy has put a little script called "ls" into a directory that simply
contains "rm -R /", you would be surprised ;-), you will usually have to specify the
path to scripts in non-standard directories.

> It got me further - asking for places to install the binaries and the lib
> Where do you want the executables [/usr/local/bin]?  I hit return  so far
> so
> good
> Where do you want the library files [/usr/local/lib/ray]?  I hit return
> mkdir: /usr/local/lib/ray: No such file or directory
>
> So I mkdir  called lib inside the local directory - thinking it will find
> lib and make a ray directory
> Where do you want the library files [/usr/local/lib/ray]? /usr/lib

Why /usr/lib, you should have kept the default /usr/local/lib/ray (after
creating /usr/local/lib... you have a funny Linux distribution if there hasn't
been a /usr/local/lib before).

> should I have made a ray dir as well?

No, the makeall script will do this.

> Install library files now [n]? y
> Copying library files to /usr/lib... Done.
>
> exec make "SPECIAL=ogl" \
>         "OPT=-O -DSPEED=200" \
>         "MACH=-DBSD -DALIGN=double -DDCL_ATOF -DNOSTEREO -Dfreebsd
> -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/X11R6/lib -DBIGMEM" \
>         ARCH=PowerPC "COMPAT=bmalloc.o erf.o" \
>         INSTDIR=/usr/local/bin \
>         LIBDIR=/usr/lib \
>         CC=cc CONFIGURE_ARCH=powerpc MLIB= "$@" -f Rmakefile
> Do you want to change it?
> not knowing what that all means, I type "n"

Hmmm that doesn't look like a Linux / x86 setting.... There is something
"preconfigured" that you don't want. Do a ./makeall clean first. If that doesn't
help (the makeall should ask you about your system / environment, e.g.
Linux, Solaris, AIX, BSD...), touch the makeall script (afaik, if the script has
been "modified", e.g. by setting the modification time, it will go through the
whole configuration procedure - else it will just recompile).

> I get lots of errors
> radogl.h:10: header file 'GL/glu.h' not found
> radogl.h:28: undefined type, found `GLfloat'

Of course, that's not for your Linux box.

I hope you will get a working radiance soon. I wonder if we will see a
standard installation for radiance one day (make config, make, make test, make
install, or even a configure script).

BTW: if you have successfully installed radiance for the first time, the
next might be to try some optimizations with gcc (e.g. -O3 -ffast-math
-mcpu=YourCpu)... But that will be the next step...

Good luck, CU, Lars.

Bitte l�cheln! Fotogalerie online mit GMX ohne eigene Homepage!