[Radiance-general] radiance install OS 10.1.5

Fitzsimmons, Rob [email protected]
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:34:37 -0800

Hello
Newbie here! I know enough about Unix to be dangerous
Ive DL'd the binaries and distribution.
I've read posts about installing, and I'm still confused.
According to the readme, it says type
makeall install    into the Terminal

That did'nt work, so I typed
[sudo ./makeall install -- (I know sudo is superuser do - but not sure why
the ./ for makeall)

It got me further - asking for places to install the binaries and the lib
Where do you want the executables [/usr/local/bin]?  I hit return  so far so
good
Where do you want the library files [/usr/local/lib/ray]?  I hit return
mkdir: /usr/local/lib/ray: No such file or directory

So I mkdir  called lib inside the local directory - thinking it will find
lib and make a ray directory
Where do you want the library files [/usr/local/lib/ray]? /usr/lib
should I have made a ray dir as well?

Install library files now [n]? y
Copying library files to /usr/lib... Done.

exec make "SPECIAL=ogl" \
        "OPT=-O -DSPEED=200" \
        "MACH=-DBSD -DALIGN=double -DDCL_ATOF -DNOSTEREO -Dfreebsd
-I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/X11R6/lib -DBIGMEM" \
        ARCH=PowerPC "COMPAT=bmalloc.o erf.o" \
        INSTDIR=/usr/local/bin \
        LIBDIR=/usr/lib \
        CC=cc CONFIGURE_ARCH=powerpc MLIB= "$@" -f Rmakefile
Do you want to change it?
not knowing what that all means, I type "n"

I get lots of errors
radogl.h:10: header file 'GL/glu.h' not found
radogl.h:28: undefined type, found `GLfloat'
etc.

Does it matter where I am when I install? I tried it from the ray directory
[localhost:~/ray] robfitzs% sudo ./makeall install

other posts say to copy everything manually into bin and lib directories -
have'nt tried that yet.

Thanks for helping a unix dummy.
Rob