[Radiance-general] Re: Using spline.cal to create camera paths?

Lars Grobe [email protected]
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:34:08 +0100 (MET)

Hi Greg!

> This is puzzling, as the Catmull-Rolm spline used in spline.cal is
> designed to pass exactly through the key frame positions.

Hmm.. that makes it easy to check.

> Are you sure everything is working properly?

Not any more ;-)

> Each select call has the same number of arguments, corresponding to the
> number of keyframes you entered, and the Nth argument of each should
> correspond to your Nth keyframe value for that variable.

Yes, everything seams to be ok here. I still might have used the cal file in
a wrong way in the last step when I generated the views. I will repeat the
procedure with fewer key frames and frames to check this last step. Is it ok
to specify one spline with lots of control points in general, or should I use
multiple splines? I am not sure if my 15 points are already too many controls
to generate a path as I expected?

The really important information for me is that the spline is to go through
the points I define, I didn't know that before and will be able to try some
more paths now. Thank you!

CU Lars.

Bitte l�cheln! Fotogalerie online mit GMX ohne eigene Homepage!