[Radiance-general] radiance speed question

Lars Grobe [email protected]
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:13:49 +0200 (MEST)

Hi!

> effects achieved by raytracing and radiosity.  However, I'm
> not concerned with absolute accuracy and fidelity to reality
> which seems to be Radiance's strength.

In fact, radiance is simulation software with high accuracy. But
you can fine-tune all parameters, so can use it as a simple
renderer. If you are concerned about performance, take a look
at the ambient parameters, they have the biggest impact on
rendering time. Excluding most materials from ambient calculation
and setting good av-values might help.

Of course, radiance is not an easy renderer, but you get lots
of very powerful tools for cad-import, image processing, previews
and scripting tools.

Good luck, cu Lars.

Bitte l�cheln! Fotogalerie online mit GMX ohne eigene Homepage!