[Radiance-general] Re: physically-based landscapes

Santiago Torres [email protected]
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:55:10 +0900

Hello again,

I`ve been trying more, and the mapping now works fine, so the sky finally
looks like the original picture. However, I still have problems with the
illuminance values. I am defining it like this:

void colorpict skyfunc
7 noop noop noop sky_orig.pic fisheye.cal fish_u fish_v -rx 90 -rz 180
0
1 1

And then using skyfunc normally, like from gensky. The "mapped" sky gives me
an illuminance 5 to 7 times lower than the original sky (although the
distribution is the same). I could define the sky source seven times
stronger to compensate, but I`m sure there must be an explanation for this
and a correct solution. Please, what am I doing wrong?

Another problem is when I apply the sky to a scene with a room and a window.
If I follow Greg`s method to define the window, it works perfect, however if
I use the mapping to define a sky and then define a window as I would do
with a "gensky`d" sky, there seems to be no direct sunlight in the room.
Again, what am I doing wrong?

I assumed that the mapping to source could replace gensky more or less
directly, but it seems I am missing something. Sorry for bothering again and
thanks in advance for your help,

Santiago.