[Radiance-general] Re: physically-based landscapes

Charles Ehrlich [email protected]
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:05:44 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1638762663-1055185544=:25181

First, I tried to map a rendered fisheye image of the sky to a source, replacing gensky, but there`s something strange with my transformations (the sky appears diamond shaped...:/),

This is probably because the 180 degree  "ring" of your fisheye image (i.e., the horizon if the fisheye is pointing at zenith), needs to inscribe the square defined by the dimensions of the image.  Everything in the "corners" of the image will be looking down towards the ground and can be ignored or blacked-out.

-Chas

--0-1638762663-1055185544=:25181

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV><FONT size=2>First, I tried to map a rendered fisheye image of the sky to a source, replacing gensky, but there`s something strange with my transformations (the sky appears diamond shaped...:/),</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>This is probably because the 180 degree&nbsp; "ring" of your fisheye image&nbsp;(i.e., the horizon if the fisheye is pointing at zenith), needs to inscribe the square defined by the dimensions of the image.&nbsp; Everything in the "corners" of the image will be looking down towards the ground and can be ignored or blacked-out.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>-Chas</DIV></FONT>
--0-1638762663-1055185544=:25181--