[Radiance-general] Re: Install Guide for Linux

Greg Ward [email protected]
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:58:41 -0700

Hi Jeffrey,

I guess we really need a FAQ...  I would have gotten to this earlier,
but I was off for a little vacation.  I'm surprised no one else fielded
it.

You need to set the RAYPATH variable to include . and whatever
directory you've used for the Radiance libraries.  Also, there is a
problem when you install from binaries, which is that certain .cal
files (such as rayinit.cal) are considered "source" files and are not
included when you download the distribution and run "makeall library".
I have fixed this for the next release, but in the meantime, you need
to run the following command from the ray/ directory:

	cp -f src/*/*.{cal,tab,hex} /usr/local/lib/ray

This assumes that you are using /usr/local/lib/ray to hold your
Radiance libraries, in which case you should add the following to your
.cshrc file:

	setenv RAYPATH .:/usr/local/lib/ray

I hope that fixes it.  Again, I apologize for the frustration and the
delay.
-Greg