[Radiance-general] multi-processing on SGI Onyx

Roland Schregle [email protected]
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:21:49 +0100

... and code in binary (www.kaniamania.com/html/1190.html)? :^)

> I was comparing two pointers using pointer arithmetic, using an expression
> that works with most compilers, but apparently not GNU-C!

Way to go, Greg. Never did trust gcc. Also have some apalling memories
of its early C++ handling. I prefer the native compilers, if they're
available, because it also tests your code for portability. I assume
Tom's Onyx runs IRIX 6.5 which requires a license for the compiler, in
which case gcc becomes an attractive option after all.

> There you go.  Maybe I saved Greg some typing.

Yep. Also spared Greg's keyboard some unnecessary depreciation. :^)

--
END OF LINE. (MCP)