[Radiance-general] multi-processing on SGI Onyx

Roland Schregle [email protected]
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:19:15 +0100

Thomas Seebohm wrote:

> Here is an error message that appears when I am running Radiance on
> processors shared with other unix processes on our 16 processor SGI Onyx:

WOW!!! A predator rack!!! Somebody around here still uses *REAL*
hardware! To hell with dual pentium boards! :^)

> "rpict inconsistency
> address not found in avlemi
> rpiece error reading from rpict"

Oh boy, it's the avlmemi curse once again... this is getting old. :^)

In ray/src/rt/ambient.c you'll find and '#if 1' preceding the avlmemi()
definition. Change that to an '#if 0' and she should be right, mate.

I'll leave it to Greg to eggs-plain what avlmemi does wrong. Possibly a
portability bug, but not peculiar to IRIX. Also pops up under Linux.
Nuthin' wrong with your Onyx, that's for sure.

Onyces rule!

--
END OF LINE. (MCP)